If you're a wedding guest this season, you may think it's a great chance to pull some classic practical jokes. Think again, buster! Doing something destructive and ruining someone's special day just for a stupid joke is absolutely out of bounds. Don't even consider it!
Not unless you have a really, really funny idea.
So do not take any of these ideas to heart:
- Bribe caterer to make exploding cake.
- Wire up mother-of-the-bride's pew; when the minister asks if anyone has any objections, send enough of a jolt down the line to make her leap up like terrified pigeon.
- Arrange big ball to drop from above altar right as the couple says "I do" so they can be chased out of the church Indiana Jones-style.
- You know that special rug they unroll down the aisle for the bride? Get one reinforced so it snaps back like a slappy bracelet.
- Sneak into groom's room the night before ceremony; raise hem on rental pants legs five inches.
- Superglue on groom underpants also an option.
- Secretly stuff softballs down every toilet in reception hall.
- Replace all meat in catering kitchen with Spam.
- Dance floor? WD-40!
- For outdoor weddings, hire a biplane to seed the clouds. Or buzz the ceremony. Or at least to trail a banner casting aspersions on the virtues of the bride.
- Beach weddings require flash mobs of spontaneous nude bathers.
- Hire a hooker to come in during the ceremony, slap the groom, depart. Hilarious!
- Find out if bride is allergic to any flowers and replace bouquet with bunch of that. Can you say gesundheit?
- Replace DJ's music files with complete collection from 31 Years of the Lawrence Welk Show.
- Band? Stuff cheese in the instruments like Lucy Ricardo did on the way back from Europe.
- Secretly change the names on all the hotel reservations.
- Call minster to reschedule wedding; get boozy bum off street dressed as minster; break into chapel before wedding; pay phony minister to perform ceremony. Tell couple 10 years later they get a do-over.