Tuesday, October 4, 2022

The ultimate Halloween display.

I know a few of the people who like to go wild with their Halloween displays. And why not? I don't see it as paganist danger, just silly fun for most people. Especially the kids. 

However, I frown when they do truly bloody and horrific displays -- bodies, organs, mutilated faces, stuff that would get a movie an R rating. Nothing that gets an R rating should be on the lawn. 

But if that's the way we're going, I think I might choose the classical route. You can do a terrifying display that's also educational, is the way I see it. Here's my plan for the front yard:

The Harrowing of Hell by a follower of Hieronymus Bosch

I hope I won't need a permit to have the contractor re-grade the lawn. Some of the stuff I can get premade, like a bunch of skeletons from the Home Depot, but the mannequins will take some work. Also, if you're good with woodworking and you're in the neighborhood, maybe you can help me with the giant funnel? 

It'll be a lot of work, but worth it. Think of how happy the kids will be!

2 comments:

🐻 bgbear said...

My Bosch display will feature Titus Welliver selling a washing machine.

FredKey said...

Niiiiice!!