Monday, December 14, 2020

More Christmas.

Sunday was a crazy day -- I made cookies! I had a church meeting! I set up the small tree in my wife's office! I walked dogs! I was going to go to the supermarket but we have a possible blizzard on the way this week and I didn't want to be trampled. The rush for toilet paper has been bad enough this year.

Anyway, I'm afraid all I have for you is some more sights of the season. Usually these are things I've seen while walking the dogs, but we have some extras here.


When reindeer go camping. They look like they're having fun, don't they? But if this is their camp, why is Santa's hat hanging on the tent? Do they have to sleep outside even when they're camping? Maybe I'm overthinking this.


Hi! And there's a happy snowman and... I guess that's a penguin. He looks a little skinny. Maybe he's been sitting on the eggs too long. I don't know. I forget all my penguin stuff. It's been years since March of the Penguins. 


I was in PetSmart and found this squeaky toy -- Santa stuck in a chimney. I'm still not sure what to think about it. Santa's rear end in a chimney as a dog toy. Hmm. I feel like I'm missing something. My wife thought it was hilarious. 



I like these wood cut-outs a lot. They can be a fun project with the kids. I don't think this one was because it was very well painted. Not sure why Santa's hat is in the chimney. Or is that his butt? Santa better be more careful going forward. Never mind. The nice thing about these decorations is that they're fun to see in daylight and can be floodlit at night. It gives the property a Christmassy look during the day. A lot of houses -- including mine -- don't show much holiday gladness in daylight but look good at night. These can look good all the time. 


Bear at the church. Two bucks for this well-dressed chap. I'm sure he'll find a home soon.


Do they make the pickup that's towing this camper? Otherwise that tree is going to fall apart before it gets into water. And how did it get decorated before it got strapped on top? And is it strapped on top? Why am I bothering you with these questions?


This was my favorite thing this week, at the Home Depot. Gives the kids something to do while Dad tries to guess what size screws he needed that he should have measured before leaving the house. Many's the time my father dragged to the hardware store and the only fun thing to do was try not to get killed by sharp objects hanging around. This is a great way to get the kids excited about Home Depot, and give a job to a stupid elf on the shelf. The little apron kills me. 

So that's what I've been looking at; how about you?

2 comments:

bgbear said...

Traders Joe has a find the shark game for the kids.

Anonymous said...

I think the red thing on the chimney of the wooden cutout is "the cherry on top", because it's a bakery.