Monday, January 25, 2016

Crappy Monday.

Look what Santa left in my stocking!

Yep, dumped in my stocking.
I guess Santa had his reasons for giving me a small bottle of Poo-Pourri, the sensational "Before-You-Go" toilet spray that supposedly coats the top of the water with a stink-trapping film, thus rendering the bathroom fresh as a daisy even while you stagger out. No more "Don't go in there!" after you went in there.

I'd seen the Internet commercial for this stuff a couple of years ago, but had my doubts it could work. Then I saw the review on Glove and Boots (along with their review of the Flowbee) in which they concluded that it "smells like a lemon took a dump." Which, I would suppose, smells better than if a hippopotamus took a dump.


I'm not one to resist hints from Santa Claus, so I did try the Poo-Pourri myself. I did think it was effective, but I do not know if it works the way they say it does. It has a very potent, fake citrus scent, more a scent I would associate with a gas station bathroom than the bathroom in a home. The powerful scent may be what's doing the odor-killing, not this scrim over the water surface. After all, while sitting on the can one can emit all manner of stink that never makes its way under the water.

The product now comes in a wide variety of scents, including Lavender Vanilla, Poo La La, Call of the Wild, and No. 2, among others. If I'd been a really good boy last year, Santa might have brought me the Master Crapsman gift set.

Eh... Don't get any ideas for my birthday.

Upshot: I think it kind of works, but maybe not the way they say it does. Still, that's better than a lot of products can claim.

So thanks, Santa! You've helped restore harmony to the home, while making it smell like a gas station restroom. What could be nicer than that?

No comments: