Thursday, July 14, 2022

Fazzy gets it done.

I take it all back. Everything I wrote yesterday that was in the least critical about dogs. All that stuff about them being willful, disobedient, and stubborn? I take it all back without reserve. 

Why? Because huge elder dog Tralfaz pulled his weight. 



What you see here is a $100 gift card I received, thanks to Tralfaz. I entered his picture in the Pet Month sweepstakes that ShopRite was running, and he was one of the winners! 

A few things to note, though:

1) This was a sweepstakes, not a contest. We didn't win because Fazzy was the handsomest dog -- although he unquestionably must have been. It was a random drawing. 

2) What helped was that people don't read rules. The rules said you had to enter via email, but when the sweepstakes was announced on social media, people just started posting pet pictures there. So, that had to cut down on the number of entries. 

3) With the current inflation rate of 9.1%, this gift card will buy about 90% of the groceries that it would have bought last year. I'm used to sticker shock, but I've been sticker STUNNED at the supermarket these past couple of months. 

4) It's a good thing they don't put actual price stickers on items the way markets did back in the stone age; the staff would be out with the sticker guns raising prices 24/7. I've never seen prices skyrocket like this. 

But thanks to Tralfaz, without whom I might not have entered this sweepstakes, we can defray some expenses this week. Of course, I have to buy more of his favorite dog treats for him with the winnings, so that's another expense. It's only fair.

2 comments:

peacelovewoodstock said...

Bravo! He's a good doge.

Đá gà trực tuyến said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.