Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Ice cream candy?


Chilly! 

Sorry about the lousy picture. 

The Freeze-It is something new from Russell Stover, It is dark chocolate candy bar; you can eat as is, or you can stick it in the freezer for half an hour or so. Many people like to freeze a Reese's or a Charleston Chew, but this is billed as an "Ice Cream Flavored Candy Bar." So it has freezing written into its destiny. And yet it's stable at room temperature. In other words, if you can't get hold of ice cream, you stick this in the freezer for a while and BAM! Instant Klondike Bar


Well, not really. Still, better than nothing.

The filling does kind of have that ice cream filling flavor, which is good. When eating one warm, I noted it had something like crunchy, crystallized sugar bits inside, which added to the ice sensation. I found the frozen bar a bit hard to chew, although I confess I froze it for a good deal longer than half an hour. And it's covered with Russell Stover chocolate, which is always a bit disappointing.

I love the idea of the instant ice cream bar, though, and I'm 100% certain no kid would have a problem with this. I do kind of wish Nestle had come up with it, as their superior chocolate would have really put it over the top, but I give ol' Russ a lot of credit for coming up with it. Stand tall, Mr. Stover! Ice cream anything is good enough for me.

No comments: