Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Dancin' in the dust.

I'm here with another stupid product review! This time it's a musical stupid product review! Although you'll have to provide your own music. 

happy feet


I bought these dust mop slippers for my wife for a gag gift at Christmas. Well, the gag was on me, since she wouldn't even wear them for a lark. Not even two larks and a pheasant. But she didn't throw them away, which means I got to wear them! And I gotta DANCE! 

The other day I was vacuuming downstairs and thought I'd done a pretty good job, although with baby dog Izzy following me around it was hard to tell. The vacuum doesn't bother him, but he likes to keep a close eye on it to see what it's doing. Consequently, I missed a few spots. Plus, Izzy sheds like a shedding machine on Extra Shed mode with the optional SHEDDD+ attachment, so even if I had done a flawless job there'd be new hair already.

But that's okay, because I've got HAPPY FEET!

I slipped the slippers on and went skating around the downstairs, dipping my feets here and there for bits of dust and dog hair that I'd missed. And I did have to skate fast, because Izzy REALLY thought these mops were toys and was after me from the moment I put them on. You have to be light on your feet to keep the dog away from your moppin' shoes -- man, if I had a nickel for every time my mom told me that, I'd have no cents at all. And indeed, I do not. 

I did keep away from Izzy, and I certainly did a good job with the slippers. 


Fortunately they are machine washable. Unfortunately that means everything in the washing machine with them will get a good coating of the hair I was unable to shake off. But hey -- I'm a dancer, I suffer for my art. 

Can the slippers take the place of a vacuum or a dust mop? No. You'd have to mince around in a back-and-forth pattern like a guy cutting the grass to do the floor. BOR-RING! But for supplementary dust mopping, they're great.

So that's my lesson for today. Put on your dust mop shoes, start humming a tune, and off you go. Remember, for every job that must be done there is an element of fun. Find the fun and snap! the job's a game. Would Mary Poppins lie to you?

3 comments:

Fiendish Man said...

Those shoes need some googly eyes and they'll look like Cookie Monster!

FredKey said...

Now you're talkin'! D is for Dusting, that's good enough for me! Dusting dusting dusting starts with D!

Stiiv said...

You need the matching jacket & slacks. ;>