Thursday, January 12, 2023

WHO at work?

(Today’s blog entry is brought to you courtesy of guest blogger Theda Blurg, Ph.D., professor of Grievance Studies at Mailen University, whose pronouns are wa/hoo. I give you Dr. Theda.)

🏫🏫🏫

Shut up. 

So I'm riding the road on my electric bicycle because I don't drive some planet-killing machine from hell like you, and I see this:


I would like to hope that this so-called "utility work" was something really utile, like removing all natural gas hookups on the block, but I knew better than to get my hopes up. Then I saw something that was really disgusting -- the most offensive, the most foul, most rank pile of sexism to pop up in front of my face since the all-male remake of Mamma Mia! at the college. 



Can you believe it? MEN WORKING! Not only does this sign debase the contributions of women, but the other 29 genders as well! As if only cisgender, undoubtedly white men ever work! You can almost hear the sneers from those morons as a little girl or trans boy asks if they could grow up to run cable in freezing January weather. "Oh, no, little girly person," they'd say, sneeringly, "this is man's work!"

Of course I immediately ran over to the sign and set it on fire. Well, I tried to, anyway, but I don't use fossil fuels (did you know butane is a fossil fuel? No? You need to do better) and rubbing two sticks was getting me nowhere. I had to make do with kicking it over and doing my cleansing dance of destruction on it, which was such a hit at the library ball last year. Then I spat on it, but I forgot I was wearing my mask. Still, it was satisfying. 

So if you see a sign like this, remember to take action! Sexism, racism, homophobia, all the bad -isms and -obias will only thrive if we don't burn them to the ground! 

🔥🔥🔥

(Thank you, Dr. Theda. I took the liberty of cutting off the last 1,850 words of your essay. And I'd like to thank the example set for me by our federal, state, and local governments, wherein one hires crazy people and celebrates their craziness and then is shocked when they do crazy things.)

4 comments:

peacelovewoodstock said...

It's even worse when the signs are ableist to boot

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e1/3c/86/e13c86922b2fc62092a7178e2fea3335.jpg

Robert said...

Any relation to Theda Bara?

rbj13

FredKey said...

PLW: How DARE they?
Robert: Mmmm, could be!

Dan said...

This blog, and the comments, are worth every penny. Uh, I mean Fredcoin.